Un(Glossy)boxing - Box 5!
Not much can ease the gloom of finals week, never mind winter quarter finals week. Yummy snacks, spring-like weather and classes on the Quad, and playing with new makeup are the few things that make the cut. So while we procrastinated reviewing for our finals, and pretended that our essays could write themselves, we took the products from the March Glossybox out for a spin. Keep reading to see how they held up!
The Glossybox for the month of March contained a deluxe sample size liquid lipstick, a deluxe sample size felt tip liquid liner, a hand lotion, two sample size face creams, and for the first time, a brush.
- How do we love thee liquid lipstick. This "melted" formula from Too Faced comes in a squeeze out tube, like a lipgloss, with a sponge applicator for saturated and precise application. "Chihuahua" is a neutral dusty rose with slight brown undertones, the perfect "my lips but better" color. The consistency is smooth and lightweight, almost like a balm, and sits comfortably on the lips with even pigmentation. It remains slightly glossy throughout the day before finally drying down to a soft matte finish. It's not fully transfer-proof but not fussy at all.
- Enamored with crisp cat eyes but baffled by tricky paintbrush applicators? A felt tip liner designed like a fine point marker combines the crisp saturated color of a liquid liner with the ease of a pencil. With Alexa Chung, queen of the flawless cat eye, on board as Creative Consultant, you can trust that this little baby from Eyeko will get the job done.
- Contouring is all the range now (thanks Kim?). The first step to getting supermodel worthy cheekbones is the tools. Enter this pretty pink and rose gold angled brush. Simply make a fishy face and dust a cool toned contour product in the hollows of your cheeks for a sculpted look. And yes, the (cruelty free!) bristles are as soft as the look. The only downside is that it is not very compact, making it harder to buff in cream products.
- Ah hand lotion. While it seems that every box comes with one (check it out here, here and here) I really can't complain, because I find myself going through them like lightning. The wind and the cold can be rough on the thin skin on your hands, so I find it super handy to always have a little tube in my bag. Although the packaging looks a bit tacky, this one smells like ripe fruit and has me dreaming of hot summer days.
- A nice Merlot is delicious, so why not get your skin in on the benefits too? This lightly scented moisturizer is packed with compounds from the skins of red grapes to smooth and brighten skin. Available in variety of "flavors" - Pinot Noir, Moscato, and Cabernet among others - to address a variety of skin concerns. The samples may have been small, but a little goes a long way.
As spring finally rolls around (cheers to that!), our makeup game is ready for a little switch up. After a winter full of vampy lips and grungy smudged liner, we're ready for a fresh, clean look that's just plain pretty. And nothing pairs as well with delicate spring florals as a soft nude lip, kitten flick of liner and glowing hydrated skin. We know we'll be reaching for these Glossybox products to achieve that!
Photography by Alexia Bacigalupi
Are you an avid Glossybox fan? Or do you have another beauty box subscription? Tell us about it in the comments below!