Un(Glossy)boxing - Box 3!
Few things beat winter quarter blues like the excitement of unboxing new makeup. Swatching new lipsticks and smearing creams over our faces induces a thrill like no other. As part of our ongoing Un(Glossy)boxing series which we debuted earlier this year, we are here to piece through the January Glossybox and give you the rundown on the products which we love and which ones we'll be glad to see finished.
This month's box included a sample size clarifying shampoo rinse, a body lotion, a nourishing foot cream, an illuminating primer and a deluxe sample size lip crayon.
- The primer comes out of the tube a pale pink color with the consistency of a lightweight serum, but sinks into the skin quickly and easily. It provides a thin base upon which to apply the rest of your makeup and keeps foundation from looking dry and caked on - a problem for many in the drying winter weather.
- Windy winter weather means it's time to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. It's easy to overlook your feet when you spend all day bundled up in wool socks and boots but show them a little TLC with this rich foot lotion. Thick but silky feeling, it's best applied right after the shower when the skin is still damp. Slip on some socks right away to maximize the results.
- Never enough lotion! This body lotion comes out slightly greasy feeling but when worked into the traditionally dry and ashy elbows and knees, provides lasting moisture.
- The first hair product offered thus far, the clarifying rinse is meant to be applied post shampoo/conditioner and smells fresh and citrusy. It applies quickly and evenly but tangled up my ends again. Post shower however, my hair smelled faintly of lemons and was shinier and healthier-looking.
- Making lipstick application as easy as a coloring book? Sounds great! Chubby lip pencils make applying it on the go a cinch and this cheery peachy pink will brighten up any dreary day. One swipe and it applies opaquely to a slightly drying matte-satin finish.
I've amassed quite the collection of hand and foot lotions at this point which has been great (who doesn't want to have soft hands at all times?) but I'm hoping that next month's box is more makeup based so I can try out new brands and colors.
Photography by Alexia Bacigalupi
Are you an avid Glossybox fan? Or do you have another beauty box subscription? Tell us about it in the comments below!