Surprise! More Un(Glossy)boxing - Box 7!
Remember when we bid a fond farewell to our Glossybox subscription? A box of makeup, skincare and hair goodies delivered to our doorstep every month in the cutest packaging - what's not love? So you can imagine our excitement when another box landed in the mailroom! Keep reading to hear our thoughts on the May Glossybox.
This month's box was heavier on the skincare/hair products. It included a large sample size foaming shower gel, a large sample hydrating moisturizer, two mini moisturizing gradual face tanners, a sample size mascara and a hotel size set of shampoo/conditioner for fine hair.
- I do love me a mascara. It's my one can't-live-without-it beauty product and it's probably my single favorite Glossybox discovery. This new formula from Benefit promises to lift and curl lashes and set them for over 12 hours. As someone with relatively long curved lashes, I didn't notice a huge difference in the curl of my lashes but it does a great job of adding length and definition. The little hooks on the wand really do grab your lashes, however the formula is rather wet and I found myself wiping smudges off my brow bone.
- As anyone who has seen me on a windy, humid day can attest, my hair is not exactly fine or limp looking. This shampoo/conditioner set left my hair feeling squeaky clean if still a bit tangled. The scent however is very prominent - a vaguely tea tree oil smell that brought back memories of my mom washing my hair with special shampoo when someone in my elementary school class got lice - and lingered long after my shower.
- Before even squirting some into my hand, this shower gel already looks like a fancy spa product. It doesn't disappoint either, transforming into a delicately scented luxurious lather that leaves skin feeling soft and pampered. The question is where can I find more of this stuff...
- Glossybox has seriously upped my skincare game and this gentle moisturizer is already a hit. Silky smooth, it glides on almost like a primer, and sinks in quickly without any sticky/thick residue.
- Now that summer is around the corner, I need to come to terms with the fact that my face is really not the tan glowing goddess shade I think it is in my head. Fingers cross this tanning moisturizer can help me get a jumpstart on my glow. While the tubes are small, a little goes a long way with this weightless, silky feeling product.
While the hair products were not my cup of tea, the moisturizers are perfect to add lightweight hydration to the skin during hot sticky summer months and the mascara, while not groundbreaking in my book, is certainly long lasting, having survived a sweaty barre class followed by zumba.
Photography by Alexia Bacigalupi
Are you an avid Glossybox fan? Or do you have another beauty box subscription? Tell us about it in the comments below!