Un(Glossy)boxing - 6th and Final Box!
It's with a heavy heart that we unboxed this month's Glossybox. After a 6 month subscription, we're going to miss a box full goodies delivered straight to our doors. Along the way we've discovered some new favorites (shoutout to the Too Faced lipstick and Eyeko liner from Box 5 and the most amazing mascara ever from Box 1). But this final box didn't disappoint, presenting a mix of full and sample size beauty, skincare and fragrance products to test out this month.
The April Glossybox included a full size nail polish and face-mask, along with a double-edged eyebrow pencil and a sample sized face oil and perfume.
- Before you open it, the perfume sample is gorgeous, the perfect glam Hollywood addition to any dresser or vanity. After dabbing a little on your wrists, it's another story. The perfume is thick and little musty - like something a grand dame of the Upper East Side might wear. Just having the smell of it wafting up from behind my ears was enough to make me nauseous.
- The nail polish is a beautiful bright raspberry color, perfect for punching up a spring outfit. The plastic packaging, however, is on the bulky side. The color goes on smoothly and dries quickly. Pro tip to cut the drying time - soak your fingers in a cup of ice water once it's dry to the touch to lock the polish in place.
- The brow pencil has a cool-toned medium brown and a creamy underbrow highlighter. The brow end isn't too soft or overly pigmented, making it easy to get subtle definition and hold for Cara worthy brows. The highlighter however is a bit stiff and needs to be worked into the brow bone and the yellowish ivory tone is not versatile for all skin tones. The best part is that for every pencil sold, Studio 10 donates 100% of the profits to a charity for women with cancer.
- When I finally got the face oil sample open (seriously, that thing was basically glued shut) and massaged it onto my face after cleansing, this face oil smelled heavenly. Slowly working it into the skin felt like getting a facial at a fancy spa. Enjoy free shipping and $20 off a full sized product (1 fl. oz) with the code "GLOSSYBOX20" at biossance.com
- Face masks, the only company we want on a Saturday night. This one comes out as a clear watery gel and smells fresh and soothing. It sinks in quickly without any tight or itchy feelings, leaving skin velvety soft. Use once to twice a week for soft hydrated skin thanks to the aloe and ayurvedic herbs.
A Glossybox subscription makes a great gift for someone who's taste you can't quite figure out or even just as a treat to yourself. With a good mix of generous samples and full size products, it's a great value and a fun way to discover new products. While not everything was our cup of tea (that perfume still evokes memories of a stuffy great-aunt), on the whole Glossybox is a must-try!
Photography by Alexia Bacigalupi
Are you an avid Glossybox fan? Or do you have another beauty box subscription? Tell us about it in the comments below!