Cool Campus Happenings: The Museum Campus South Passport
Before beginning my first year at UChicago, I knew that I wanted to engage with the arts and culture scene both on campus and in the city. However, once the quarter started, that goal quickly became eclipsed by numerous P-Sets, HUM readings, and lab reports. Then, I discovered the Museum Campus South passport.
The Museum Campus South passport incentivizes students to visit six museums on or near campus, with the promise of a cute mug if you get every destination stamped by the end of Autumn Quarter.
Here are the museums:
- DuSable Museum of African American History (admittedly a bit of a walk)
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Robie House (free for students on Mondays!)
- Reva and David Logan Center for the Arts
- Museum of Science and Industry (also a little bit of a walk – unless you live in Stony)
- Oriental Institute Museum
- Smart Museum of Art
You can pick up the passport (and the mug, once you’ve visited all the museums) at any participating location. If we don’t count finals week, there are only six more weeks in the quarter. I’ll be trying to visit at least one museum a week (gotta get that mug in time for finals!).
If you're working on the passport, share your experiences with us! If you get too bogged down with work - you'll get to visit all the museums vicariously with MODA in this upcoming series.